Spring Break has started. This is a picture of Brandt's rough life watching "kid shows" in the morning kicked back and sucking on left over Easter candy (which may last us a good year) -- a typical school day with me and Brandt hanging out here at home. Kaden will be home this whole week - so I am sure both of them will do a little of this each day, until I can herd them outside. Gotta love Spring.
The boys stayed the weekend with Grandma. Brandt managed to pick up a nasty cough and I'm sure spread it to everyone else we've come in contact (so sorry about that - it really urks my plans when a child comes down with sickness). What eats me up is that I can pinpoint the origin of the germs. Brad thinks I am a germaphobe, which I may be now--it might come after an overnight stay in the hospital after contracting many bad germs. Not my best month of life filled with sickness. We went to preschool at the Children's Museum on Wed and a little black boy came in late, coughing his head off. The whole lesson time this little boy coughed a deep raspy cough that made me cringe. I thought Brandt was safe sitting on the other side of the circle. But out of no where the teacher paired Brandt up with this particular boy for an ant march. I could hardly contain myself - but I was worried that there would be some sort of racial discrimination if I chose to break up the little couple. This little boy grew fond of Brandt and took him by the hand for the rest of Preschool - having Brandt sit by him and leading him around. I did hand sanitize him the first chance I got, but to no avail. A day or so later, the cough began.
So I look forward to a Spring Break filled with coughing and snot and a lot of playing outside.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Spring Break
Posted by Wendy at 7:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I laugh everytime I read your blog. I am sorry you have the coughs at your house! I have managed to go 2 years without any colds and last week got hit too...... Happy days! Try and enjoy your week.
This is a good entry I had to read it out loud to Jon. I picture this all in my head. Darn Brandt is getting so cute I really need to squeeze him.
Post a Comment