Friday, February 13, 2009

Would You Be My Valentine?

Here are some of my Valentine Projects that have kept me busy and crafting...two good things. Hope you have a great Valentine's Day!


These are the Valentine suckers that we made for Kaden's class and my Primary kids. My Activity Day Girls made them at our activity last week too.

The girls also got to decorate cakes with as much sprinkles as they could possibly get on there. Thanks for the idea Mary.

I was in charge of decorating for a Visiting Teaching Conference this week with a Valentine's theme. So this is how it ended up.

Thanks to my mom and Aunt Beckie's supplies, it looked really cute.

The table setting

Favors that I made. These are really easy and their is a tutorial on my favorite stamping site, SplitcoastStampers.com, which shows you how to make it. They are stuffed with Hershey kisses. These are what I made last year for Kaden's class Valentines. Very fun. Click here to find out how to make them.

I'd like to pretend that I made the cakes, but I'd be lying. Lawanda Hatch did. They were amazing.
Last night we had a Dessert Auction/Bingo Night at the school and so this is what I came up with for my donation. They are simple and fun. Peanut Butter Rice Crispies with a Dove chocolate on top. Shaped by a cookie cutter. Wrapped and skewered in a vase filled with Hershey Kisses. I also attached the easy red Valentine blogged about earlier.

Peanut Butter Rice Crispies (A Walker Family Favorite)
1 cup Karo corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups Rice Crispies
Boil syrup and sugar for 1 minute to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Pour over Rice Crispies in a large bowl. Mix. Spread in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Let cool. You can also top with 6 ounces of melted chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Or drizzle with melted white chocolate chips. Plain is my favorite though.

Now what to do for my very own Valentine.....

12 comments:

Ashley said...

Wendy you are amazing!!

Mel said...

You are quite the crafty one. Those valentine suckers were probably too cute for primary kids...they just can't appreciate it enough. Where do you find the time and energy?

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

Wow you really like to down play your hard work. I know you were making the favors but I didn't realize you had all that to do. Your so crazy, and by that I mean talented.

Charee said...

You make us all look bad! Seriously, though, all of your work is amazing! Luckily, because your my sister, I get to enjoy some of the fruits of your labors!

Charee said...

I misspelled you're...yes, I teach and can't let that go uncorrected. your should be "you're"

Brooke said...

I love the rice krispy hearts!! Good job decorating, what a job!

Dell & Becky said...

You are so amazing Wendy. Bottom line it's insane what you can pull off!

Army Petes said...

Wendy... I'm so sorry, we can't be friends anymore. Your just way to awesome to be seen with me.

Eric and Carrie said...

YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL! I can't say that enough. I'm very impressed!

Ashton & Co. said...

Wow! You've been busy. SO many cute, creative things !Good job!

Gentry Gang said...

I'd like to ad my awe to all the other comments and say, "I second that!" Wow, wow, wow! So fancy.

I love the decorations for the dinner. It would be so fun to walk into an activity with all those decorations. I also am curious how much your heart desserts went for. I would buy them. :)

Lindsay said...

Wendy, are you the only person with callings in that ward? Are you still Primary Pres and Activity Day leader and apparantly on the RS Enrichment 'go to' list? I am shocked and absolutely in love with all of the cute things that you did! Way to go...would you go put your feet up now please?