My sister Carrie tagged me....thanks for that and for allowing me to try to think of 5 things to share. Brad says good luck finding something I haven't already told everyone. Which then led to a conversation (lecture) about how I am TOO open with my thoughts and comments. Whatever. Well here is what I came up with...
Here are the rules: Write five things about yourself that nobody knows or that is unique to you. Then tag five of your friends.
1. I have Restless Leg Syndrome. Sure, it is a self-diagnosis but I am pretty positive that I have this disorder (along with a few others - I'm sure). You may have seen the commercials. And the first time I saw the commercial, Brad and I looked at each other and we both knew that it was describing my condition. The "sudden urge to be moving" when I am so tired. A crazy and very uncomfortable feeling that makes it very hard to fall asleep when that is what you want most. It is not every night, mainly when I am overly tired. But I get it bad and often when I am pregnant - just another joy of pregnancy. Are there any other RLS survivors out there?
2. I have an obsession with keeping mine, my boys and especially my baby girl's toes, fingers and ears clean from all forms of debri. This includes lint, wax, dead skin and what have you. And I find myself constantly checking these crucial areas for any potential invasions. I know it's strange.
3. I have an automatic gag reflex directly connected with nose picking and the treasures associated with that. I am guessing it comes from a little boy named Ronnie who sat at my round table in Kindergarten who was often found picking his nose and eating it. In fact, I was teaching Sharing Time in Primary one time when I spotted a child knuckle deep in their nostril and I gagged in front of everyone. I have not out grown it - It is disgusting! And I have no control over the gagging that will follow.
4. I was once a dare devil. I attribute this to being raised closely behind my older brother and the drive to prove myself. This has caused painful wedgies cliff jumping at Goose Lake on the highest cliff in order to out jump my boyfriend at the time who was too scared. This has caused a broken collar bone as I was out to be the first girl to ride an innertube sledding down a hill and off of a man-made jump that the boys had just finished. This has caused a Sherriff to show up at my door for wrecklass driving. This has caused many thrills climbing hills while snowmobiling or whatever else I was willing to try to keep up with the boys. After a concussion snowboarding during finals week at BYU, I really tamed things down. Now that I am a mom, I have tamed things down even more and am queen of mellow. I am also plagued with my mom's constant reminder that I have kids to raise. Maybe it's because she doesn't want to have to raise them for me.....hmmm.
5. A trip down memory lane: I went to Hershey Track Nationals in Pennsylvania to compete in the standing long jump when I was 10 years old. I got to fly on a huge airliner and watched the in flight movie "Wild Hearts Can't be Broken" while eating Mentos (a new and still favorite treat for me to this day). I was the Regional champ from the Northwestern States. And I was one of the very few white girls on the team. I learned some black lingo as we stayed together in College dormatories for the week. We went to the Hershey Amusement Park and toured the countryside. It was a great experience and after all this, I got 8th place in the nation. Thing is.....there were only 8 entries in the standing long jump. I got last.
I tag Rachel, Lisa, Becky, Brooke and Charee (since I see she has not shared hers since Carrie tagged her)
Thursday, September 4, 2008
My First Tag
Posted by Wendy at 7:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I actually forgot Carrie had tagged me...oops. And the other problem is that I can't think of 5 things that people don't already know...or 5 things that people would even care to know...it was fun to read yours though.
oh crap, Wendy. Why don't you do my tag for me. . . you know me as well as anyone! I knew all of your 5 things - even down to the Mentos!
I loved reading these, I will do it soon!
Dave has RLS too! I know it sounds mean, but it drives me crazy!
Post a Comment